Who we are
Our counsellors and psychotherapists:
- are a diverse group of practitioners, using a range of therapeutic approaches.
- are professionally qualified and Registered BACP members, and most are BACP Accredited or Senior Accredited.
(BACP: the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- are committed to continuing professional development, including reflective practice.
- abide by the BACP ethical framework, holding due regard for confidentiality, and our accredited members renew their accreditation annually.
- aim to meet and honour our clients’ needs within a therapeutic relationship.
- offer therapy in German and Spanish as well as English.
Our service emerged in the early 1980s as an off-shoot of the Parkside Counselling and Psychotherapy Group, which was formed in order to provide continuing professional development for its members. It has its roots in the Cambridge community and took its name from our training courses held at the Parkside Community College, firstly under the local education authority and later under the auspices of the Cambridge University Board of Continuing Education. Both group and service are continuously evolving.