The Talking Therapies’ Inn
The Parkside Counselling and Psychotherapy Group hosts The Talking Therapies’ Inn as a monthly venue for counsellors, psychotherapists, trainees and charity volunteers. This provides: a meeting place / good company / networking / professional development / a café/bar atmosphere.
Where – The University of Cambridge Social Club (USC), Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RX. The USC is at the river end of Mill Lane, at the back of The Anchor pub and opposite The Mill pub. There is a blue USC sign outside the building and we will put flyers up at the entrance. It is NOT the University Centre (Grad Pad), which is round the corner.
When – Monthly on the second Thursday of nearly every month (check below).
Time – Arrive 7.30pm for a 7.45pm start. End at 9.30pm.
Access – The nearest large car park is probably The Grand Arcade, although there are other places to park – such as the Backs (Queens Road).
Cost – £10 per night (cash or cheques please). Drinks are at the USC bar are subsidised and therefore relatively inexpensive. Food needs to be pre-booked in the evenings.
Content – Each evening will begin with a short introduction to a topic before informal discussions, networking, socialising etc.. Evenings end with a short plenary.
- 10th May 2018, Steve Shaw will lead us on the topic of ‘Archetypes, empathy and the wounded healer’.
- 14th June 2018, Melanie Rein will lead us on the topic of ‘The value of using typologies in therapy’.
- 12th July 2018, Linda Perkins will be leading us. Topic to be confirmed.
- NO Talking Therapies’ Inn in August. SUMMER BREAK.
- 13th September 2018, Judith Green will be leading us. Topic to be confirmed.
- 11th October 2018, Anthea Millar will be leading us. Topic to be confirmed.
WELCOME TO THE INN CROWD!